Discover the benefits of IVF with PGT for advanced maternal age
Our Louisiana fertility center has found IVF with preimplantation genetic testing for advanced maternal age to be a highly effective treatment option for many hopeful mothers.
Because a woman’s egg quantity and quality decrease as she ages, a woman over the age of 40 has less than a 5% chance of conceiving each cycle. As a result, this treatment can be beneficial because it ensures that we transfer a healthy embryo.
The process of IVF with PGT for advanced maternal age
Thanks to advances in our field, preimplantation genetic testing (PGT) has become an incredibly safe and effective method of determining which embryos are chromosomally normal. The process of IVF with PGT for advanced maternal age involves a few simple steps after egg retrieval.
- After the retrieval, our embryologists will fertilize the eggs with sperm from your partner or your chosen sperm donor.
- After a few days, we will perform a biopsy on the resulting embryos. The cells we remove come from the cells that will become the placenta, not what will become the baby.
- Following the biopsy, our team flash freezes the embryos with a state-of-the-art technology called vitrification.
- A highly skilled embryologist tests the cell sample from each embryo for chromosomal abnormalities.
- It typically takes seven to 10 days for our Louisiana fertility center to receive the PGT results. Once they do, they will discuss them with you and make plans for the transfer.
IVF with preimplantation genetic testing for advanced maternal age ensures that we only transfer healthy embryos. This removes the stress many hopeful parents experience when the state of their embryos is unknown.
The additional advantage of PGT
While the transfer of only healthy embryos is one of the greatest benefits of PGT, this screening also helps to prevent a multiple pregnancy. Our Louisiana fertility center no longer needs to transfer multiple embryos in hopes that one will develop into a healthy baby.
We understand the challenges and frustration that can occur when trying to conceive later in life. Our team is here to help you discover the treatment plan that will offer the best chance of fulfilling your dream of parenthood.
Contact us for more information about IVF with PGT for advanced maternal age.