Discover how advanced fertility treatments support hopeful parents
Our Louisiana fertility clinic has found advanced fertility treatments to be incredibly beneficial for helping hopeful parents conceive. With treatments such as IVF, ICSI and PGT, we’re able to help hopeful parents bypass many fertility challenges and find the most effective path to take home a healthy baby.
Learn more about advanced fertility treatments
Many fertility treatments are available. However, moving straight to advanced fertility treatments can sometimes save hopeful parents time, money and unneeded stress.
- In vitro fertilization (IVF). IVF offers many hopeful parents a high chance of success. An IVF cycle consists of the hopeful mother taking ovulation induction medications while undergoing regular monitoring at our clinic. When the eggs mature, she will undergo egg retrieval. The eggs will then be fertilized before a doctor transfers one to her uterus.
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI). ICSI consists of an embryologist injecting a single healthy sperm into an egg. This treatment is especially useful when a hopeful father has an issue with his sperm that we’ve detected through diagnostic fertility testing.
- Preimplantation genetic testing (PGT). PGT can determine the chromosomal normality of embryos. This testing is often recommended for hopeful parents who have inheritable genetic conditions or want to avoid other issues that could affect the health of an embryo. An embryologist performs this test by doing a trophectoderm embryo biopsy to determine which embryos are chromosomally normal and healthy.
Determining who requires advanced fertility treatments
The fertility specialists at our Louisiana fertility clinic only recommend advanced fertility treatments after hopeful parents have undergone diagnostic fertility testing. Various circumstances make hopeful parents a candidate for advanced treatment.
- Inheritable genetic conditions. If a hopeful mother or father has a genetic condition they could pass to their children, certain treatments can help.
- Sperm abnormalities. If a hopeful father has issues with the quality, quantity or movement of his sperm, a treatment like ICSI could be beneficial.
- Blocked or damaged fallopian tubes. If a woman’s fallopian tubes are blocked or damaged, her body could have issues fertilizing an egg on its own. In this situation, a treatment like IVF could help her conceive.
These are just some of the fertility challenges that could benefit from advanced fertility treatments. Our Louisiana fertility clinic will create the most effective treatment plan to help hopeful parents have the best chance of achieving parenthood.
Contact us for more information about advanced fertility treatments.