Learn more about the Gift of Hope eligibility requirements to apply for the Gift of Hope IVF grant.
The Gift of Hope is open to Louisiana residents who meet certain income limits and find that insurance doesn’t pay for infertility treatments. Applicants also need to have a specific diagnosis that makes IVF necessary. The Gift of Hope also wants to know the struggles couples have gone through in their fertility journeys that have led them to this point. Past applicants have submitted their fertility stories in writing, through pictures and photo books, and through video.
Gift of Hope eligibility requires that couples:
- Earn less than $100,000 per year (adjusted gross income) – copy of federal tax return required
- Have no or limited insurance coverage for infertility and IVF – copy of insurance cards required
- Be tax-paying residents of Louisiana
- Have a documented medical need for in vitro fertilization – doctor’s referral is required
- Have insurance coverage for prenatal care
- Can describe in their own words the compelling nature of their need for fertility treatment.
The Gift of Hope is offered once per year each spring. Applications are generally available to download from our website in March of each year.
Gift of Hope Frequently Asked Questions