Discover the many benefits of egg donation, a highly effective fertility treatment
The fertility specialists at our Louisiana fertility center have found egg donation to be an incredibly beneficial option for many hopeful parents. There are close to 15,000 egg donor cycles per year in the United States, indicating how popular this path to parenthood is for women who cannot use their own eggs, and for same sex male couples.
Learn more about egg donation
Women and men come to our Louisiana fertility center seeking fertility treatments with egg donation for various reasons.
- Advanced maternal age. The quantity and quality of a woman’s eggs begin to diminish in her 30s. When a woman reaches the age of 37, there is often a significant drop in both egg quality and quantity. By the age of 40, many women have less than a 5% chance of developing a healthy pregnancy. Because of these factors, these women may need to utilize the highly effective option of egg donation.
- Premature ovarian failure. When a woman under the age of 40 does not produce normal levels of estrogen and does not regularly release an egg, she is likely experiencing primary ovarian insufficiency. This condition often requires the use of donor eggs.
- Continual fertility challenges. If a hopeful mother has had two or more miscarriages, or repeated IVF failure, there could be an issue with her fertility. If fertility evaluations indicate that the quantity or quality of her eggs is a factor in her fertility challenges, her doctor may recommend egg donation.
- Inheritable genetic conditions. In some cases, genetic screening indicates that a woman has an inheritable genetic condition. If she has a condition that she could pass down to her children, the hopeful parents may want to consider egg donation.
- Same-sex male couples. Same-sex male couples will need to utilize an egg donor and gestational surrogate to welcome a baby.
Hopeful parents in need of donor eggs can rest assured that our Louisiana fertility center will support them every step of the way, making their egg donation journey as simple and effective as possible.
The next steps for hopeful parents interested in egg donation
If hopeful parents are uncertain as to whether egg donation is their best option, our Louisiana fertility center can support them. Our doctors will perform fertility testing and discuss potential treatment plans. Learn more about the donor egg selection and process.
Women and men who already know they require donor eggs will find comprehensive support at our fertility clinic. We will guide them from egg donor selection to the embryo transfer.
Contact us to learn more about egg donation.