Help make IVF success possible for more people in the future
Ovation® Fertility has partnered with biotech company Gameto to advance the science of in vitro maturation (IVM) in the IVF lab. Through this partnership, Ovation invites certain IVF patients to contribute to a groundbreaking, preclinical IVM study that may make IVF success possible for more people in the future.
What is in vitro maturation?
In vitro maturation, or IVM, involves laboratory techniques for maturing immature eggs outside of the body.
During an IVF cycle, it is common for a woman to have multiple eggs retrieved at the same time. However, not all of these eggs may be fully mature and ready to fertilize. Such eggs are typically discarded, as they cannot currently be used to create embryos.
In vitro maturation is a developing science that aims to encourage the development of immature eggs in the IVF laboratory, so that they can be successfully fertilized to create embryos.
The Ovation/Gameto study aims to find ways to improve in vitro maturation methods, so that more people can create more embryos per IVF cycle.
At the same time, this study will provide information that could one day reduce the amount of ovarian stimulation medications needed for women to produce multiple mature eggs for use in IVF. This could make IVF more affordable and accessible in the future, while lowering the risk of complications.
How can you help?
If you are undergoing IVF through an Ovation IVF lab in certain states, you may be eligible to participate in the Ovation/Gameto in vitro maturation study by donating unused, immature eggs to be used for research.
There are several important things to know about participating in this study.
- You will donate only immature eggs that will otherwise be discarded.
- All mature eggs retrieved as part of your IVF cycle will be used for your own family-building efforts and will not be donated for use in this study.
- The eggs you donate will be used for the purpose of studying in vitro maturation techniques only.
- No eggs donated to the study will become embryos.
- There is no compensation for participation in this study.
- If you are selected to participate in this study, consent forms will be provided for you to sign.
Your generous donation may lead to scientific advancements that will make parenthood possible for more people in the future.
If interested in being a part of this research, please complete the study consent form that you will receive in the Ovation IVF consent package through EngagedMD. This consent packet will be emailed prior to your stimulation start for a retrieval cycle.