Diagnostic fertility testing can provide invaluable information about fertility challenges
When you receive diagnostic fertility testing at our Louisiana fertility clinic, you’re taking a big step towards fulfilling your dream of parenthood. This testing helps our fertility specialists solve the mystery of why hopeful parents can’t conceive a healthy pregnancy, which then supports us in creating a highly effective treatment plan.
Before we begin the process of fertility testing, we ensure that we have a thorough understanding of your medical history, in addition to the outcomes of any past attempts you’ve made to conceive. We will also review the results of any previous fertility treatments.
What women can expect from diagnostic fertility testing
- Blood work. Testing a woman’s blood allows us to assess her ovarian reserve and hormone levels.
- Preconception genetic testing. This screening can reveal inheritable genetic conditions.
- Transvaginal ultrasound. An ultrasound is a helpful form of fertility testing. It helps us determine whether a woman has any uterine or ovarian abnormalities.
What men can expect from diagnostic fertility testing
When a man receives diagnostic fertility testing at our Louisiana fertility clinic, there are various steps we guide him through to ensure we obtain all the necessary information.
- Semen analysis. This testing allows us to establish the quantity, quality and movement of a hopeful father’s sperm.
- Blood tests. A blood test is an important aspect of fertility testing, as it reveals the man’s levels of testosterone and other hormones.
- Semen culture. We perform a semen culture to determine whether a man has a bacterial infection, which could affect his fertility.
- Antisperm antibody testing. This test helps us discover certain proteins that could be damaging or killing sperm.
- Preconception genetic testing. As with hopeful mothers, hopeful fathers can receive genetic testing to ensure they’re not a carrier of any inheritable genetic conditions.
Occasionally, hopeful fathers need further evaluations. We can refer them to a local urologist who can help identify anatomic abnormalities that could be impeding conception.
We understand how overwhelming fertility testing can seem. We support hopeful parents through every phase, helping to infuse ease and calm into the experience. Our expert team looks forward to offering you the fertility assistance needed to take home a healthy baby.
Contact us for more information about diagnostic fertility testing.