Your safety during the COVID-19 crisis is our number one priority.
We want to assure you that we are monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation closely and are working to ensure we meet the needs of our patients as well as provide for the health and safety of our employees. We realize this health situation has already been disruptive to many businesses across the globe and wanted to share facts about what we’re doing to support both our patients and employees. We are navigating an unprecedented situation in real time, and we ask for your patience.
At this time our Fertility Answers team is keeping a regular schedule and working hard to make parenthood possible for you. This schedule may change as we continue to assess the situation in the coming weeks.
Our initial protective safety measures
Based on guidance by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Louisiana Department of Health, we are taking the following initial protective measures with respect to you our patients as well as our employees:
- Ensuring any employee who is sick will stay home, especially if they have any signs or symptoms of COVID-19, or have come in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Ensuring our employees practice excellent hygiene, including washing their hands frequently and covering their cough or sneeze.
- Regularly cleaning “high traffic” surfaces in our offices, such as door knobs, keypads, light switches, countertops and keyboards, with disinfectant.
- Having hand sanitizer readily available and accessible for patient use inside our offices.
- Limiting non-essential people, such as pharmaceutical reps, from entering our office during this time.
- Posting information about COVID-19 symptoms and precautions inside our clinic waiting rooms and exam rooms, on our website and social media platforms.
- Developing a patient questionnaire to be administered at each office visit to assess a patient’s risk of possible infection.
What we’d like our patients to do
We understand as a patient going through infertility treatment at this time that you may be understandably anxious. Here’s what is important for you to do to stay safe:
- Please contact our office by phone if you have an appointment and have any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 (shortness of breath, flu-like symptoms, high fever) or if you have had contact with someone with COVID-19 or an undiagnosed respiratory illness.
- To minimize exposure, we are requesting that only the patient and her partner (if necessary) attend any appointments (i.e. no children, relatives or friends). We acknowledge the fertility journey is improved with support from others, but during this unique time, we want to be more mindful to decrease exposure for everyone.
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds after checking in to our office.
- Use hand sanitizer, as needed, being mindful that these products may be in short supply.
- Do not travel at this time, especially to places where risk of infection is high.
Need more information?
As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at 888-467-2229. Thank you for your understanding.