COVID-19 Update May 16, 2020 – WE ARE OPEN!
Fertility Answers has resumed full services at our Lafayette and Baton Rouge locations. We ask that if you do come onsite, that you follow the patient guidelines below in our efforts to keep everyone safe.
For NEW patients, we offer telemedicine physician consults. Click here or call 1-888-467-2229 to schedule today.
All CURRENT patients seeking to resume fertility treatment, please contact your care team through our Patient Portal or text through our Text Us popup. Regular follow up with your physician can also be done through telemedicine.
Patients who fall into a high risk group for severe complications from COVID-19 are advised to continue delaying treatment until the CDC deems it no longer necessary. Please contact the office to determine whether this applies to you.
We will continue to update our patients on COVID-19 and how it affects your treatment as they become available.
Please be aware that we require patients to follow our guidelines to provide a safe and controlled environment for patients and staff:
- Patients are required to wear masks while onsite. In compliance with Louisiana state and local ordinances, all individuals are required to wear masks while onsite. The mask or facial protection must cover both mouth and nose in order to enter the facility. Our offices will not provide a face mask – each patient is responsible for obtaining his or her own face mask. If a patient cannot secure a medical-grade face mask, the following are acceptable face protection options: any bandana, scarf, or handmade mask that fully covers the mouth and nose.
- Appointment limited to patient(s) and partner only. In observance of social distancing and to minimize the number of individuals onsite, only the scheduled patient(s) and their partner will be admitted to the facility. Other family members cannot be substituted for your partner. Please do not bring children or other family members or friends with you.
- Temperature check at front desk. All patients will be required to have their temperature taken when entering our facilities.
- Videoconsults will continue. New patient and some routine existing patient consult visits will continue to be conducted through video conferencing. If an “in person” consult is required for some reason, these will be scheduled appropriately to minimize the number of patients in our office at the same time.
Cycle Disruption Policy
If an individual demonstrates symptoms of illness during a treatment cycle, or if the individual is mid-cycle and tests positive for COVID-19, the cycle will be cancelled or suspended. If this cancellation or suspension occurs prior to egg retrieval or IUI, we will issue a credit balance in accordance with services rendered during the cycle. Credit balances will be established on a case-by-case basis. We are not able to extend credit toward products or services provided by third parties (products or services provided by third parties include but are not limited to medications, phlebotomy, anesthesia, genetic testing, tissue storage fees, etc).
We are recommending consultations for new and existing patients, as well as financial consults, via telemedicine to ensure the highest degree of patient safety. As always, we remain committed to your safety as we help you along your fertility journey. Whether in our clinic or via telemedicine, we look forward to helping you build your family as quickly and safely as possible.
- If you would like to schedule a New Patient Consult with one of our fertility specialists, please click here to request an appointment.
- If you would like to schedule a follow up consult with your provider or a financial consult, please call 888-467-2229 to schedule.