Books, blogs and podcasts to help you navigate your fertility journey.
Infertility can be a confusing and often lonely place. Sometimes it’s hard to find others in your “real life” who are living this experience and who can relate to what you are going through yourself. In this blog post we share some of our physician and staff favorite reads and listens – books, blogs, and podcasts related to the infertility journey.
Fortunately, there are many online who write and record their own journeys and are willing to share it for the benefit of all going through infertility. A quick online search of “infertility” will yield what looks like an unlimited number of online sources to gain support and inspiration.
So which ones are the best? We’ve done the hard work for you of narrowing down the books, infertility blogger universe, plus a few podcasts, to some of the best, we think.
- It Starts With the Egg: How the Science of Egg Quality Can Help You Get Pregnant Naturally, Prevent Miscarriage, and Improve Your Odds in IVF, by Rebecca Fett is a practical and evidence-backed approach for improving egg quality and fertility.
- Not Broken: An Approachable Guide to Miscarriage and Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, by Lora Shahine, MD is a comprehensive, evidence-based but easy-to-read guide for anyone who wants to understand all aspects of miscarriage and recurrent pregnancy loss.
- ReproductiveFacts.org; While not technically a book, we find the American Society of Reproductive Medicine’s patient-centric website provides trusted information on everything related to reproduction.
- Fertility Answers Patient Success Stories: yep, right here on our website are tons of patient stories which candidly talk about their struggles and successes with infertility. Enjoy!
- Trials Bring Joy: After 10 years of infertility, Chelsea and Josh welcomed twins into their life. Her blog captures the highs and lows of their journey, testifying that their story shows that every good thing is worth waiting for.
- Dreaming of Diapers: Written by a “Southern” girl on the West Coast and her husband, this tell-all chronicles every step of their journey – they are now on IVF #9!
- Our Misconception: Chris and Candace bring you along on their journey that finally leads to surrogacy.
- Waiting for Baby Bird: Elisha describes her infertility journey as a bumpy path full of twists, turns and surprises. Now a mother through adoption, she offers faith-based support for other women experiencing infertility or miscarriage.
- The Fertility Answers Podcast (https://www.fertilityanswers.com/patient-resources/the-fertility-answers-podcast/): Of course, we love our own podcast devoted to helping our patients navigate their fertility journeys. New episodes released regularly.
- Sarah’s Laughter Podcast: Sarah’s Laughter is a Christian-based infertility support group based in the Baton Rouge area, but now world-wide. Head over to their website where you can also find their podcast with over a hundred episodes. They also have a rich support group network, both on and offline.
- The Infertile Mafia: Kaela and Sarah “met” seven years ago after they befriended each other on the internet. They had both started YouTube channels to document their experience with fertility treatments and gain support from the infertility community. Fast forward six years, and dozens of fertility treatments between them, they decided to launch a podcast.
- Big Fat Negative: This podcast about IVF, infertility and the trials of trying for a baby is co-hosted by journalists and friends Emma and Gabriella. The show follows their stories on the not-so-simple journey to motherhood, and interview a range of experts on all things infertility.
- Matt and Doree’s Eggcellent Adventure: A funny, addictive podcast about what they learned after undergoing IVF.