Infertility can be a lonely place. Your online support community of bloggers, podcasters and forums can provide you with the support you’re craving.
Sometimes it’s hard to find others in your “real life” who are living this experience and who can relate to what you are going through yourself. Fortunately, there are many online who write and record their own journeys and are willing to share it for the benefit of all going through infertility.
A quick online search of “infertility blog” will yield what looks like an unlimited number of online sources to gain support and inspiration. So which ones are the best? We’ve done the hard work for you of narrowing down the infertility blogger universe, plus a few podcasts, to some of the best, we think. We’ve also included a short list of online infertility support groups and forums that you can check out, too.
Blogs and Podcasts:
- Huffington Post IVFML Infertility Podcast (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/topic/fertility): A candid podcast about a couple’s journey through IVF.
- Triumphs and Trials (www.triumphsandtrials.com): Written and curated by Melissa, married with one child, struggling with infertility for nine years.
- Happiness Glass (www.happinessglass.com): Infertility and fitness blog by Mallory, infertility warrior and enthusiast for solving problems.
- Life Abundant (www.lifeabundant-blog.com): Active blog by Jessi, with posts about her treatment and experience.
- Smart Fertility Choices (www.smartfertilitychoices.com): Resources and podcast by Kym, who both interviews guests and shares her own experience. Focus is on PCOS.
- The Delinquent Stork (www.thedelinquentstork.com): By Karen, RESOLVE’s 2015 award for blog of the year.
- Beat Infertility Podcast (https://beatinfertility.co/): Heather interviews both people dealing with infertility and experts in the field.
- RESOLVE Podcasts (http://www.resolve.org/resources/resolve-s-podcasts.html): Archive of all of the podcasts from the National Infertility Association, with topics ranging from adoption to third party reproduction.
- Don’t Count Your Eggs (http://dontcountyoureggs.typepad.com//blog/): Blogger Maya talks about the journey on “Infertility Island”. Maya and her husband are also working on a film about infertility (http://www.onemoreshotfilm.com/) to be released in Fall 2017.
- Waiting for Baby Bird (www.waitingforbabybird.com): Faith-based infertility support blog by Elisha.
- Matt and Doree’s Eggcellent Adventure: An IVF Journey (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/matt-and-dorees-eggcellent-adventure/id1166358007): A funny, addictive podcast about what they learned after undergoing three rounds of IVF. Free on iTunes.
- Living on a Prayer: My IVF Journey (http://livingonaprayerivf.blogspot.com/?m=0): Written by a former Fertility Answers patient, Kristen Delahoussaye recorded her journey through IVF to conceive her daughter.
Online Support Groups and Forums:
- RESOLVE, the National Infertility Association, is best known for its support programs and services. They have two online support groups to choose from (www.resolve.org/support/online-support-communities.html).
- Then Comes Family (http://www.thencomesfamily.com/community/#category-2) – Online forum for couples and individuals coping with infertility.
- The Bump (https://forums.thebump.com/categories/trouble-ttc) – This is a forum for those dealing with infertility and/or undergoing IVF treatment.