If you live in or near the Lafayette area and want to gain information and support from others going through similar experiences, then this infertility support group is for you.
The Acadiana Infertility Support Group is for those in the Lafayette area who are experiencing infertility. We understand that infertility can bring on a variety of physical, emotional, financial, and spiritual challenges. We offer support, information, sharing of resources, and tools for coping — all to help empower you on your fertility journey.
Meetings take place in a safe and confidential atmosphere where information and support is shared with others who are also going through infertility. The Acadiana Infertility Support Group is open to everyone.
Next Meeting Date: Tuesday, October 9, 2018, 6:30-8:00 pm.
Meeting Place: Ernest J. Gaines Center, 400 E. St, Mary Blvd., 3rd floor of the Dupre Library, University of Louisiana Lafayette
Topics for Acadiana Infertility Support Group discussion may include:
- Staying positive during difficult times
- Coping with the stress of infertility
- The latest in treatment options
- Assisted reproductive technology (ARTs)
- Third-party reproduction (sperm, egg, and embryo donation; surrogacy/gestational carriers)
- Alternative treatments (hypnosis, acupuncture)
- Trying to conceive after age 35
- Navigating relationships with others
- Sexuality and infertility
- How (and if) to tell others
- Coping with unsuccessful outcomes
- Grieving pregnancy loss
- Secondary vs. Primary infertility
- When (and if) to stop trying
- Childlessness or child-free options
- Adoption options
- Preparing for pregnancy after infertility